Job Title: Process Engineer
Reporting To: Regional Manager
Position type: Full-time, Permanent
Date: Mar 1, 2023
Location: Edmonton, AB
The Process Engineer provides process expertise to solve our clients’ challenges. We provide innovative solutions delivered with integrity to industries including oil & gas, mining, and chemical. The Process Engineer works closely with the system integrators to provide process control system deliverables from small changes/upgrades to full control system installations. The Process Engineer provides engineering expertise in process and control engineering, reverse-engineering of critical documents, critical document creation, loop tuning, control scheme improvements, instrumentation, and provide support to clients’ operation team.
- Provide technical leadership in the area of process mechanical engineering both locally and regionally.
- Design coordination between multiple engineering disciplines and expert advice to internal and external clients, including performing process and equipment condition assessments.
- Create/modify control narratives/philosophies, P&IDs, shutdown keys, critical settings documents, ESD philosophies.
- Reverse-engineer engineering documents and control schemes.
- Analyze and develop simple to complex process control schemes.
- Create engineering calculations and specifications and oversee the creation of engineering drawings.
- Develop revised operational strategies that align with the Client’s needs.
- Provide process engineering and process control support during project proposal development.
- Identify opportunities for continuously improving safety, operability, efficiency, or profitability related to specific assignments.
- Develop and update standards, procedures, best practices, and internal policies for associated process engineering tasks.
- Advise, recommend and support Business Development opportunities pertaining to both existing and new Clients to strengthen and build Apex Client relations.
- Provide technical support, documentation, and expertise to all Team members.
- Work with Project Managers and Technical Leads to understand and execute projects.
- Complete internal Time and Expense Sheets in Harvest software to track billable efforts to Client projects.
- Work with the Project Management Team on required project work data for project reports, change orders, resource allocation and forecasting.
- Work with PLC/DCS, SCADA and HMI programming, configurations, and systems.
- Minimum 5+ years of process engineering knowledge and experience.
- Must be able to determine, execute and lead the technical direction of projects.
- Good working knowledge of control narratives/philosophies, shutdown keys, alarm management, and instrumentation.
- Good working knowledge of PLC, DCS, SCADA, and HMI programming and configuration.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering; Computer Process Control program is considered an asset.
- Experience with HAZOP, PHA, SIS, and safety system is considered an asset.
- Recommended to maintain a professional membership in APEGA or APEGS.
- High level aptitude with Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
What does Apex Automation Offer?
- Competitive Wages
- Development and Career Growth
- Impact and Recognition
- Flexibility and Collaboration
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- Group RRSP Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Incentive
- Profit Sharing
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Various Company Organized Social Activities
Apex Automation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best employees within the industry. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce.