Job Title: Systems Integrator
Reporting To: Regional Manager
Position type: Full-time, Permanent
Date: Mar 1, 2023
Location: The position is based in various company regional offices and client project sites.
An exciting and vibrant workplace founded in 2012 , Apex Automation serves the Mining, O&G, Chemical and manufacturing sectors providing engineering services and turnkey solutions with four Regional Offices in Calgary, Lloydminster, Edmonton and Saskatoon.
The Systems Integrator role is responsible for the technical execution of various operating systems for automation projects, including but not limited to Delta V, Rockwell, Siemens, Honeywell, Schneider Electric and others. These operating system projects are multi-sector with the automation scope of work including integration, implementation, modernization and commissioning. The SI works with the Project Manager and Technical Leads to clearly identify and understand the client project deliverables for execution. These project tasks primarily nclude the development of engineering documentation and configurations.
• Use basic hand tools and multi-meters.
• Basic understanding of Electrical, Instrumentation and Network Infrastructure Systems.
• Basic understanding of IEC61131.3 languages.
• Development of basic PLC/DCS logic.
• Understanding of HMI design best practices.
• Development of HMI graphics.
• Development of Electrical and Instrumentation drawing packages.
• Development of Network Infrastructure drawing packages.
• Development of P&ID’s (Pipe & Instrument Diagrams).
• Provide technical support and expertise to all team members.
• Complete internal Time Sheets in Harvest software to track hours billable to the client project.
• Work with the Project Management Team on required project work data for project change orders, resource allocation and forecasting.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience required. Applicants will be considered for a level within the job progression, which is appropriate to their qualifications.
• Must be able to follow and execute on the technical direction of projects.
• High level aptitude with Microsoft Office tools.
What We Offer:
• Development and Career Growth
• Impact and Recognition
• Flexibility and Collaboration
• Competitive Wages
• Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
• Group RRSP Matching
• Paid Time Off
• Wellness Incentive
• Profit Sharing
• Cell Phone Allowance
• Various Company Organized Social Activities
Apex Automation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best employees within the industry. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas, and beliefs. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce.