Calgary, AB (view all jobs)
Project Managers at Apex Automation are key leaders and mentors to their peers. They actively contribute to the project management community and strive for excellence on their projects, managing them to a budget and aware of the defined scope of work they have been contracted to perform while performing and partnering at a high level with our customers.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
· Direct and oversee completion of various electrical and automation projects
· Develop plan of action including schedule, resources and work execution plans
· Assess risks and establish contingency plans
· Manage work and inputs from variety of stakeholders
· Work with on the clients behalf to lead and deliver a variety of projects to their teams satisfaction, on time and on budget while managing and mentoring the necessary resources across the company
· Lead and assist in the engineering and sales process by working with customers, suppliers and Apex Automation employees to develop, evaluate and communicate ideal design concepts
· Develop supporting documentation consistent with the Project Execution Process including quoting, sales, and concept development
· Lead customer review meetings for project proposals and initiate regular project updates to customers consistent with the Project Execution Process
· Interact with all levels of management, clients, contractors, and vendors
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
· Engineering graduate in Electrical, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience/technical degree; PE and/or PMP designations considered an asset
· Strong project management skills with previous experience managing and executing projects of various sizes, ideally within the material handling space or other relevant industries
· Experience in quoting and costing as well as strong organization and planning skills
· Well developed critical thinking skills, able to autonomously make sound decisions and problem-solve with limited supervision
· Strong knowledge of client service needs and technology in the marketplace
· Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
· Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration and a win-win paradigm
· Works well with a variety of different people from diverse backgrounds
· Excellent leadership and management skills
· An ability to travel; although this position is focused on local clients and minimal travel is required, Project Managers should have the ability to travel within the US and Canada
What does success look like at Apex Automation?
At Apex Automation, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at Apex Automation, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
· Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
· Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
· Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
· Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
· Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is APEX AUTOMATION?
An exciting and vibrant workplace founded in 2012 with 5 business units across Canada, APEX AUTOMATION serves the Mining, O&G, Chemical and manufacturing sectors providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation, and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
What does APEX AUTOMATION value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build APEX AUTOMATION; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
· Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
· Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
· Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
· Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
· Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
· Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why join the APEX AUTOMATION team?
As a growing company in the industrial technology industry and rooted with strong corporate values, APEX AUTOMATION Solutions can offer a unique value proposition to employees. Our employee promise is a rewarding employee experience delivered through a focus on three key areas:
· Development and Career Growth
· Impact and Recognition
· Flexibility and Collaboration